Secrets of Affiliate Marketing
If you want to get started quickly and easily in internet marketing, then affiliate marketing is for you. This is when you send visitors to someone else’s product sales page, they do all the hard work of developing the product, making the sale, delivering the product and supporting the customer, and you keep 50% or more of the sales
Here’s just a few benefits
- You’re able to start instantly without having to develop a product, set up a website and sales page, develop the website, develop marketing materials, or get a merchant account and CRM.
- It runs on auto-pilotfor you because they handle the billing, support, maintenance, etc.
- You have nearly zero risk because you already know the product sells, because the product owner has already done all the research , development and testing. So if you send visitors you will get paid.
There’s no denying that these benefits make affiliate marketing the best thing going!
The downside is…
You work hard to send the traffic to the product owner’s website, but once you do that you will never see those visitors again. Less than 10% of the visitors your send will actually buy the product. That’s fine for the product owner because she can sell to them again and again, but you can’t.
How can you avoid this pitfall?
Simply put, you need to capture the name and email of your visitors *before* sending them to the product sales page. If you do that, you can contact them again and send them back the product website multiple times. This will increase the number of sales you make. And if you’re a super star affiliate, you’ll provide high-quality content before sending them to the product website.
Here’s what these affiliate marketing strategies will do for you:
- By building your own list, you’re creating a renewable resource that you can tap again and again for instant profits.
- You’re generating good will by giving them high-quality content. This way, they are much more likely to make a purchase when you send them to the sales page.
In order to set a system like this up, you will need the following affiliate marketing tools:
- A lead capture page, preferably with video
- At least a few pages of great content
- A multi-part email series with at least 5 emails in it
You’ll use the squeeze page as the place to send your visitors instead of using the product website. It captures the name and email of your visitors and puts them into your autoresponder, which then begins sending out the 5-part email series. Once your visitors have been subscribed to your email series, they are sent to your content pages.
These high-quality content pages provide value and build good will. This way your visitor is more likely to buy when they get to the product owner’s website. While they’re reading the content you’ve provided, your email system is already following up with them to send them back to the product website again and again.
There’s no doubt that it’s worth the effort to put a system like this in place, because doing so will increase your profits by 500% or more. After setting it up, you simply send visitors to your squeeze page instead of the sales page. And the rest runs on auto-pilot.
If you don’t have the time or expertise to set it all up yourself, you can use something like Affiliate Silver Bullet. These kinds of services will build the whole system for you and then just give you a video squeeze page (with video), pre-written emails, content pages, etc. The major benefit of using a service like this is that you can get started right away, and for a whole lot less than it would cost to do it all yourself. One negative is that there will be other people using this same affiliate marketing system. However, the odds of you and them both finding the same visitor are so small, that it doesn’t really matter.
Alternatively, you can use a service like Elance to “outsource” each of these compnents. Whichever way you decided to go, it’s critical to get an affiliate marketing system like this in place, if you’re at all serious about your business.