Winning Affiliate Marketing Strategies
If you want to get started quickly and easily making money online, then affiliate marketing is for you. What “affiliate marketing” means is that you just send traffic to someone else’s website, they make the sale and deliver the product, and you get a percentage of the sale price as your commission (usually 50% or more for digital products).
These are a some of the benefits
- You can get started really quickly because you don’t have to make a product, write the sales page, develop the website, create marketing materials, or get a merchant account and CRM.
- You have basically zero investment of your time because they handle the billing, support, maintenance, etc.
- Your efforts are risk-free, because the product owner has already made sure the product sells. So you already know that the visitors you send will result in commissions for you.
Obviously affiliate marketing makes sense – these benefits make it a clear winner!
OK, but it’s not all rosy…
Once you send your visitors to the product sales page, they are gone forever. Less than 10% of the visitors your send will actually buy the product. And of the 10% or less that do buy, the product owner will be able to sell to them again, but you will not.
What’s the solution?
What you need to do is capture the contact info of your visitors before sending them to the product website. If you do that, you can contact them again and send them back the product website multiple times. This will increase the number of sales you make. And if you’re really on top of your game, you’ll then send to a content mini-site in between.
Here’s what these affiliate marketing strategies will do for you:
- By building your own list, you’re creating a renewable resource that you can tap again and again for instant profits.
- You’ll be warming them up by providing valuable information and then casually linking to the product sales page in the context of this information.
If you want to create an affiliate marketing system like this, you’ll need the following:
- A Video Squeeze Page (with video)
- At least a few pages of great content
- At least a 5-Part Email Followup Series
The video squeeze page is where you’ll direct your traffic instead of directly to the product sales page. It captures the name and email of your visitors and puts them into your autoresponder, which then begins sending out the 5-part email series. After subscribing them to your email list, it redirects them to your content mini-site.
You content mini-site builds the good will, so that when you send them to the product sales page, they are in a buying mood. While they’re reading the content you’ve provided, your email system is already following up with them to send them back to the product website again and again.
There’s no doubt that it’s worth the effort to put a system like this in place, because doing so will increase your profits by 500% or more. And after you get it all set up, it runs on total auto-pilot. You just refer people to your lead capture page, instead of the product sales page.
If you don’t have the time or expertise to set it all up yourself, you can use something like Affiliate Silver Bullet. Services like this design the enter system (the video, the video squeeze page, the email series, the content pages, etc). The benefit is that it’s much less expensive then you could do it yourself, and it’s instantly set up. The downside is that other people will be using the same affiliate tools as you. But the internet is pretty big, so this isn’t much of a concern.
Another way to accomplish this is to hire “outsourcers” through a website like Elance to build and put your system together for you. The important thing is that you start using affiliate tools like the ones described here right now! Otherwise, you’re wasting your time and money.